Our equality objectives are:
- to support vulnerable groups most at risk of poverty and deprivation
- to improve the range of housing across Gateshead for vulnerable groups
- to promote healthy and inclusive communities
- to increase levels of ambition and aspiration of vulnerable groups across Gateshead
- to develop the council’s workforce which recognises the diversity of the community it serves
The equality objectives were formally approved by cabinet on the 15 March 2016.
View the Cabinet report - Refresh of Equality Objectives 2016-2020 (41Kb)