The objectives of the Gateshead Fund are to:
- develop the capacity of community, voluntary and social enterprise sector organisations in Gateshead;
- support the provision of services by voluntary and community organisations in Gateshead;
- create stronger communities in Gateshead. Achieving this by building on the voluntary efforts of residents, local community assets and the work of elected members in their wards.
Applying to the Gateshead Fund
In 2016, the council entered into an agreement with the Community Foundation Tyne and Wear and Northumberland to administer and develop the fund for three years. This is subject to an annual review.
You can no longer apply to the fund through the council. Applications can only be made via the dedicated Gateshead Fund application available on the Community Foundation’s website.
The third and final for 2017/18 of the fund is now open for applications. The closing date for applications is 12 January 2018. You can apply by completing the application form on the Community Foundation website.
Who can apply?
We will consider applications from voluntary, community and social enterprise sector organisations with an annual income of less than £250,000. Examples of eligible groups include:
- constituted voluntary or community organisations
- registered charities
- charitable companies
- social enterprises (for example CICs and cooperatives)
We will give priority to groups based in Gateshead except where there is a compelling case for funding applications from organisations based outside of the borough.
How much funding is available?
You can request funding of up to £10,000 for projects of up to one year’s duration. You can only have one grant at any time. Funding will not be provided for more than three years in any six year period.
What will the fund support?
Applicants can seek revenue funding, priority will be given to applications that:
- have a focus on change and innovation
- develop best practice
- champion collaboration
Capital funding requests can also be made, provided applicants can clearly demonstrate how it would improve the sustainability of community organisations.
How the Gateshead Fund has been spent
Impact of the Gateshead Fund 2015 - 2016 (2.8Mb) provides information about previous grants and how they have been spent in communities across Gateshead.