Book an appointment
Tel: 0191 433 3000
Fees are payable at the time of booking, and can be made by credit or debit card.
We offer a checking service to assist people who want to apply for British Citizenship. The aim of the service is to help reduce unnecessary delays in the process of applying for British Citizenship.
As part of the service we will:
- Make sure that your application form is completed correctly;
- Check, copy and certify your passport and other original documents, so that you don’t need to send them away;
- Make sure that you have enclosed the right payment;
- Send your application safely to the Home Office safely and quickly by guaranteed next day delivery.
Our Team is registered with the Office of the Immigration Service Commissioner (OISC) and will give you a fast, efficient, and friendly service.
The service is not a fast track service and we cannot act as an agent for you, or offer any advice on nationality, or any other matters such as visas, immigration or asylum.
You do not have to use us – you can apply direct to the Home Office or use a solicitor or other agent. But if you do, make sure they are properly qualified to give you advice, and are registered with the OISC. (Solicitors and others registered with the Law Society do not have to be registered with the OISC).
How much does it cost?
The fee for the Nationality Checking Service is:
- £55 for adults
- £30 for children
This fee is payable at the time you make your appointment.
Full refunds will be issued for cancellations - up to 7 days after making the booking. Appointments can also be rearranged within this 7 day period without additional charge. Appointments cancelled with less than 48 hours notice, will not be refunded and the full fee is payable again when booking a new appointment. Fees are not refunded if you do not attend.
What to bring to the appointment
- A fully completed application form.
- All original documentation to support the application. Your own photocopies are not acceptable.
- All applicants named on the application form over the age of 18 are required to attend the same appointment. The Life in the UK test ID number or ESOL reference number for each person must be provided
- The correct Home Office fee. You can pay by credit/debit card, postal order or cheque (made payable to “The Accounting Officer, Home Office”) but not with cash.
Visit the Home Office for more information on applying for British Citizenship.