Skip Navigation 1 - Home Page 3 - Site Map 4 - Search 5 - A to Z 6 - Help 7 - Complaints Procedure 8 - Information Rights 9 - Council Contacts 0 - Access key details

Broken down vehicles


If your vehicle has broken down or cannot be moved then you must contact the Council's Parking Services team giving details of the breakdown and location. This should avoid the vehicle receiving a Penalty Charge Notice. It is not acceptable to report the breakdown after the issue of the PCN unless documentary evidence can be provided. 

Always leave a note on the windscreen, detailing the reason why you cannot move the vehicle and time and date the note. It would be helpful if you also indicate the Council Officer you notified.

If you wish to report a broken down vehicle in one of our car parks, call 0191 433 3636 (Monday to Friday 8.30am - 4pm) or 0191 433 3001 (any time - voicemail number) or email us at

Contact Us

Parking Services

Gateshead Council
Civic Centre
Regent Street
NE8 1HH 

Tel: 0191 433 3636
Minicom: 0191 478 1826