This walk includes steps, steep gradients and some rough surfaces
- Start at the Derwenthaugh car park at Winlaton Mill. From the car park head towards the river and turn right along the riverside multi-user route.
- At the first path "crossroads" turn right, cross the stile and follow the path to the left, eventually heading up the hill, to emerge at the edge of a field.
- Follow the path along the edge of the valley, into Paddock Hill Wood and on to the Thornley Woodlands Centre.
- From the Woodlands Centre car park follow the red trail, through the woods to the Derwent Walk, Lockhaugh Farm, riverside meadows and back on to the Derwent Walk.
- Leave the red trail here by turning right and crossing the viaduct.
- Turn right off the Derwent Walk along the path signposted to Hollinside Manor.
- After enjoying the views go past the ruin and follow the path through the woodland to cross the Derwent Walk at Clockburn Lonnen.
- Go down towards the river and cross the Butterfly Bridge.
- Turn right at the path "crossroads" and return to the car park.
< back to trails and cycleways