Gateshead's Arts Development Team:
- Provide an arts development service for the people of Gateshead, covering all art forms;
- Develop a programme of participatory activities and experiences throughout the borough;
- Enable local communities to develop their own activities and celebrate their own cultural spaces;
- Develops volunteering in the arts and provides strength and support for the voluntary arts networks;
- Runs a highly successful Arts in Education Programme linked to Creativity in Education initiatives;
- Sustains a long term relationship with cultural partners in the region and advocates for the development of the cultural industries and entrepreneurs;
- Runs an historically accliameds Arts in Health Programme;
- Supports the work of the Gateshead Public Art Curator - contributing to the improvement and development of the built environment;
- Supports cultural activities in sports, heritage, tourism, reader developmetn, open space programming, Council celebrations and functions;
- Maintains a programme of events and exhibitions in the Caeddmon Hall and The Gallery at Central Library;
- Employs artists and arts groups, both professional and amateur;
- Supports and employs artists-in-residence to focuson given art forms and community groups.
Image credit: Mark Savage.