Skip Navigation 1 - Home Page 3 - Site Map 4 - Search 5 - A to Z 6 - Help 7 - Complaints Procedure 8 - Information Rights 9 - Council Contacts 0 - Access key details

Child Work Permit


School aged children wishing to take part time jobs must be licensed by the Local Authority in which they are to be employed.

  • Children aged 13-16 years require a work permit if they wish to take part in part-time employment - an application form can be found on the right of this page. 
  • It is illegal to employ children under the age of 13 years old, unless you obtained a child work permit from the Local Authority.
  • The number of permitted working hours are dependent on the age of the child.
  • There are some employments which are prohibited to school children. 

Failure to comply with licensing regulations could result in legal action being taken against the employer.


Application form for school aged employment (142k)

Information about child employment  (269k)


Contact us

Legal Intervention Team
Dryden BDC
Evistone Road

0191 433 8571