Investing here | Living here
Team Valley was the country’s first industrial estate, created in the 1930s. Today it is the North East’s leading commercial location, providing a wide range of office and industrial premises in an attractive environment.
Situated alongside the A1(M), home to over 700 companies and covering over 275 hectares (700 acres), Team Valley provides employment for over 20,000 people.
The cluster of businesses here excelling in high end manufacturing and cutting edge R&D includes De La Rue, Express Engineering, Rettig and National Oilwell Varco (NOV).
Follingsby Park is a modern industrial estate extending 110 acres at the centre of the Tyne and Wear conurbation. The park has easy access to the A1(M) and A19. It’s home to a number of high-profile distribution and logistic occupiers including FedEx, DHL and a Microsoft Gold Partner, Advantex.
Baltic Business Quarter, situated within Gateshead’s urban core, already has some of the most dynamic, creative and digital SMEs in the country. At VRTGO Labs, home to the Facebook-owned Oculus VR headset, there is exciting and unique research and development in augmented and virtual reality technologies.
Baltic Business Quarter is a 21 acre site set back from the banks of the River Tyne and will provide 80,000 sqm of Grade A Office accommodation.
Best connections in the North East
Gateshead, with Newcastle, is at the heart of North East England – providing easy access to national, European and International markets as well as stunning countryside and coastline.
- 2 hours 50 minutes by train to London, 1 hour 30 minutes to Edinburgh, 1 hour 30 minutes to Leeds
- 20 minutes to Newcastle International Airport - with direct flights to over 79 European and worldwide destinations
- direct access to two major motorways – the A1(M) and the A19
- Port of Tyne: deep sea port encompassing cargo, car terminals, ferries and cruises
- Tyne & Wear Metro System – the UK’s second largest rapid transit system, it provides quick, cost-efficient commuter journeys across the Tyneside and Wearside area
- Gateshead Transport Interchange - busiest combined bus and metro interchange in the North East