Investing here | Working here
Gateshead and the wider region is world renowned for its beautiful coastline, environmental quality, friendly people and appetite for excellence, good fun and lively living. The region offers fantastic careers, housing, education, healthcare, shopping and much more.
Reasons to live in Gateshead:
- huge choice of housing on offer from high end, executive, to affordable family homes, in urban, suburban and rural locations at competitive prices
- the adopted Core Strategy and Urban Core Plan sets out the priority sub areas across Gateshead to deliver 11,000+ new homes in Gateshead over the next 15 years
- ultrafast broadband (100Mbps and above) available in Gateshead Centre with 95% of the remainder of the borough accessing Superfast speeds (24Mbps and above) by 2016
- world-class destinations and architecture – including the iconic Angel of the North (the UK’s most recognisable landmark), BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art, Gateshead Millennium Bridge and Sage Gateshead
- huge range of historic and natural attractions including the beautiful Northumberland and County Durham countryside and coastline
- the restored Victorian Saltwell Park in urban Gateshead and the National Trust-owned forest garden and landscape park at Gibside
- watch world class athletics at Gateshead International Stadium, stand with 52,000 ‘Toon’ football supporters at St James’ Park, enjoy cricket at Emirates’ International Cricket Ground in County Durham, take in some of the north’s finest golf courses or compete in the Great North Run - the world's biggest half-marathon
- intu Metrocentre – Europe’s largest indoor shopping and leisure centre offering more than 340 shops as well as eating, drinking and leisure facilities.
- Trinity Square – biggest retail-led mixed use development scheme outside of London in 2013, encompassing 40 new shops, cinema, health centre, supermarket, offices and 1,000 bed student accommodation.