Living here | Working here
Gateshead is a vibrant, cost-effective location for investment for those wishing to develop land, expand or relocate business. Famous for iconic art, music destinations and Europe’s largest retail and leisure complex, this is an exciting place to live and do business.
We’ve seen a huge economic restructure over the last three decades. From reliance on heavy industry, we now have a diversified economy including high tech manufacturing and knowledge intensive services.
Reasons to invest in Gateshead:
- availability of land and premises, and an adopted Local Plan that provides a clear framework for economic and housing growth success
- superb transport links by road, rail, air and sea
- competitive, low operating costs
- a flexible and motivated workforce – 1.6 million within a 45 minute drive time
- bespoke soft landing packages for foreign direct investors
- grade A office accommodation costs in the North East are as much as 82% lower than London and 30% lower than Glasgow and Manchester. With accommodation on the banks of the Tyne from £18 per sq ft.
- North Eastern industrial workspace at between 25-41% of the cost in Glasgow, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Bristol and Manchester. Grade A industrial averaging £77 sqm