1 - Home Page 3 - Site Map 4 - Search 5 - A to Z 6 - Help 7 - Complaints Procedure 8 - Information Rights 9 - Council Contacts 0 - Access key details

Sheltered housing


Sheltered housing provides self-contained unfurnished accommodation designed to meet the needs of persons of pensionable age, and in some circumstances below the relevant age but with specific disabilities.

Within Gateshead both the Council and Housing Associations have Sheltered accommodation schemes. You will need to register on the Tyne and Wear Homes lettings scheme to apply for Council sheltered housing. You can apply to housing associations directly for sheltered housing, or if you show on the Council’s housing application form that you will consider housing association sheltered housing we will then be able to consider you for a nomination when a vacancy occurs.

If you are interested in sheltered housing please view available properties on The Gateshead Housing Company's website

If you require further information regarding the vacancies please contact your local housing office or the Housing Options Team at the Civic Centre, phone 0191 433 3174 or email housingadvice@gateshead.gov.uk

Contact Us

Housing Options Team
The Gateshead Housing Company
Civic Centre
Regent Street

Phone: 0191 433 3174
Email: housingadvice@gateshead.gov.uk