Skip Navigation 1 - Home Page 3 - Site Map 4 - Search 5 - A to Z 6 - Help 7 - Complaints Procedure 8 - Information Rights 9 - Council Contacts 0 - Access key details

How do I apply for Housing Benefit?


You may be able to make an application for housing benefit in the form of Local Housing Allowance to assist you with the rent payments depending upon your income. Local Housing Allowance is a way of calculating the amount of benefit you are entitled to and is based on a maximum rate set monthly. These levels are the maximum you will be entitled to, you may be entitled to less depending on your circumstances and income.

Contact Us

Benefit Enquiries
Gateshead Council
Civic Centre
Regent Street

Tel: 0191 433 4646 Email: