Community Equipment is different from minor adaptations it is equipment which is loaned to people by the Gateshead Equipment Service to assist with everyday tasks.
Community Equipment can help you to live independently, items you can hire include:
- Toileting equipment, such as commodes and bedpans
- Moving and handling equipment, such as mobile hoists and transfer boards
- Pressure relieving equipment, such as cushions
- Bathing equipment, such as bath seats and shower chairs
- Chairs and chair raisers
- Television amplifiers and vibrating alarm clocks
- Trolleys and tables.
Request an Assessment
In order to be assessed for assistance from Gateshead Equipment Services you must contact Adult Social Care Direct 0191 433 7033, your details will be passed to the Gateshead Equipment Service who will be in touch