Our Commissioning Team hosted the inaugural Health and Social Care Conference “Working Together to Increase Choice and Improve Quality” on 9 November 2017.
Resilient, sustainable, thriving and prosperous communities are at the heart of Gateshead Council’s vision for the future. We want to work with our partners to make the vision a reality. We recognise that some people will need help at times to lead full and independent lives, so we want to make sure help is available through a responsive market that provides high quality services when people need it.
The Conference gave an opportunity to:
- Hear about our plans for the future from our Senior Leaders.
- Get an overview of the key areas that we will focus on over the next two years.
- Find out how providers could work with commissioners to offer innovative, sustainable services. We believe that co-operation through sharing expertise and information supports a forward thinking, innovative social care market where we might achieve better outcomes for our residents.
- Develop a shared understanding of supply, demand and market direction in Gateshead.
- Come together with commissioners to identify opportunities and develop quality services in Gateshead.
Event programme (115Kb)
Key note speeches (2.5Mb) - from Leader of the Council, Martin Gannon; Chief Executive, Sheena Ramsey and Strategic Director of Care, Wellbeing and Learning, Caroline O'Neill.
Conference workshop information (117Kb)
Ageing well (1.1Mb)
Early life (394)
Learning disabilities (910Kb)
Special Olympics, Gateshead (3.7Mb)
Technology Enabled Support, Gateshead Care Call (350Kb)
Lawnmower Theatre Company
The Lawnmowers Theatre Company conference presentaion (113Kb)
Lawnmowers - about us (839Kb)
Lawnmowers - personalisation (1.5Mb)
Lawnmowers - Krocodile Klubs (2.8Mb)
Information from stand holders
CM2000 brochure (1.8Mb)
What is Making Every Contact Count (MECC)? (301Kb)
MECC guidance on grant process (690Kb)
MECC grant letter (95Kb)
MECC team (54Kb)
Skills for Care
Peter Northrop - Locality Manager Gateshead and County Durham Skills for Care
Tunstall brochure (3.3Mb)
Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise Sector in Gateshead (89Kb)
Gateshead Council Commissioning Plan (80Kb)
If you didn’t have the opportunity to provide feedback on the day and would like to provide feedback please complete the form (634Kb) and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please do not hesitate to contact the Commissioning Team at email@example.com