““All people with autism are able to live fulfilling and rewarding lives within a society that accepts and understands them. They can get a diagnosis and access support if they need it, and they can depend on mainstream public services to treat them fairly as individuals, helping them make the most of their talents”. There would also be:
- An increased awareness and understanding of autism
- A developed clear, consistent pathways for the diagnosis of autism
- Improved access for adults with autism to services and support
- Help for adults with autism into work
- Local partners developing relevant services
What are we doing and why?