Gateshead Autism Steering group has developed an All Age Autism Strategy It sets out areas for action that people with autism, their carers and partners have identified as being important to them and that would enable them to have a fulfilling and rewarding live. The strategy is aligned to Gateshead CCG and Adult Social Care Commissioning Intentions to ensure that people with autism are central to achieving the vision for Gateshead.
The Strategy aims to improve the lives of people with autism by ensuring the five areas for action identified in the National Strategy are implemented:
- Increasing awareness and understanding of autism
- Developing clear, consistent pathways for the diagnosis of autism
- Improving access for adults with autism to services and support
- Helping adults with autism into work
- Enabling local partners to develop relevant services
The Strategy has been developed to ensure we promote awareness and understanding of autism and is structured around 4 key priorities. Each will focus on identifying achievable outcomes towards achieving the overall vision. They are:
- Awareness, Understanding and Early Identification
- Independent Living and Support
Groups most at risk
What would success look like?