1 - Home Page 3 - Site Map 4 - Search 5 - A to Z 6 - Help 7 - Complaints Procedure 8 - Information Rights 9 - Council Contacts 0 - Access key details

Noise complaints


Industrial and commercial noise

The council can deal with problems of excessive noise such as that from industrial, commercial, construction premises, pubs, clubs, hotels, road works and intruder alarms.

The council also investigates neighbour noise problems for example loud noise, barking dogs, DIY activities.

To report industrial or commercial noise please contact us on 0191 433 3000.

Domestic noise and noisy neighbours

For information on how to report noise from a neighbour please visit our Domestic Noise page.

Noisy neighbours in council owned property

Complaints about noisy neighbours in council owned property can be made to your nearest office of The Gateshead Housing Company.

Contact us

Environmental Protection Team
Communities and Environment
Gateshead Council
Civic Centre
Regent Street

Tel: 0191 433 3000
Fax: 0191 477 4827