Find your next collection date.
Report a missed bin collection.
When will your bin be collected?
Your recycling bin is collected every fortnight, on the same day as your household waste.
Bins should be put out by 7.30am on your collection day.
What can I put in my bin?
Your blue bin makes it easier to recycle a wide range of items at home including cardboard and plastic bottles. It has an inner box to keep all paper based items separated.
Please only put the correct items in your recycling bin to prevent contaminating the load. Contaminated loads will have to go to the landfill rather than for recycling.
In the inner box
- newspapers and magazines
- telephone directories (including Yellow Pages)
- white envelopes
In the main part of the recycling bin
- all flattened white, grey and brown cardboard (for example: cereal boxes, brown envelopes, toothpaste boxes, clean ready meal boxes, egg boxes, kitchen roll inners)
- empty and rinsed food tins, drink cans and aerosols (for example: baby milk formula tins and biscuit tins)
- rinsed and squashed plastic bottles (milk, water, pop, shampoo). Always detach lids before putting them in the blue bin.
- rinsed glass bottles and jars (for example: jam jars, coffee jars, sauce bottles, wine bottles, baby food jars, face cream jars, perfume bottles) Please detach the lids.
- yoghurt pots, margarine and butter tubs, plastic ice cream tubs, fruit punnets, small plastic toys, plastic cups, plastic sweet/biscuit tubs, waxed drinks cartons (for example: juice cartons, soup cartons, custard cartons).
- small electrical items (for example: toasters, kettles, hairdryers)
What should I not put in the recycling bin?
We are unable to take the items listed below in your recycling bin. However, some of the items can be recycled at other locations.
|Item||Where these items can go |
|Windowpanes, cookware, Pyrex, windscreens, ceramics, light bulbs, printers, TVs
||Household Waste and Recycling Centres
||Supermarkets with bag recycling facilities
||Garden waste bin
|Textiles, books, spectacles
||Charity shop or relevant recycling bring bank
|General waste including food waste, nappies, plastic films, black food trays, tin foil, shredded paper, polystyrene, wallpaper, hard plastic - kitchenware, electrical plugs, stationery
||Cannot currently be recycled - please put in your household waste bin
What if I cannot manage to move my bin?
We understand that some people are not able to move their bins to the collection area. Find out about requesting an assisted bin collection.
Replacement bins can be ordered. There is a charge of £25 towards the cost of the replacement bin. There is no charge for a replacement inner box.