Skip Navigation 1 - Home Page 3 - Site Map 4 - Search 5 - A to Z 6 - Help 7 - Complaints Procedure 8 - Information Rights 9 - Council Contacts 0 - Access key details

Concerns about a childcare provider


Complete our survey to help us improve the Childcare, education and support web pages and you could be entered into a draw to win a £20 Amazon voucher! 
Please read the prize draw terms and conditions.

Complete the survey


If you have a concern about a registered childcare provider try to discuss it with them first. If you cannot resolve your concern through discussion, you should make a formal complaint to the provider in writing.

If you are not satisfied with the response from the childcare provider, or your concern relates to an issue you are unable to discuss with them, you can contact Ofsted or telephone 0300 123 1231 who will try to resolve it for you.

Everyone who  works with children has a responsibility to keep them safe. Child Protection in Gateshead will help provide an understanding of procedures and guidelines.

Contact us

Gateshead Families Information Service
Civic Centre
Regent Street

0191 433 5118

Send us your comments or queries