In 2015/16, the Council’s net revenue expenditure was £206.053m, which was spent on the day-to-day delivery of services for you, your family and your community.
In addition, the Council invested £53.7m of capital resources to meet priorities set out in Vision 2030 as part of the Capital Programme. This included:
- Almost £17.8m of investment in housing
- £6.8m of investment in the Council’s transport infrastructure
- £5.6m of improvements to the Council’s Schools
- Over £9.0m of investment in carbon management and sustainability projects
- £1.0m of investment in the Council’s property assets to fulfil Health and Safety obligations
- Over £3.0m of investment in the Council’s ICT network
View a full breakdown of the Council's budget and Medium Term Financial Strategy on the Finance webpages.