Gateshead Council has created a visioning document and planning brief for the redevelopment of Ravensworth Road.
What is the vision?
The main focus of the vision is to make Ravensworth Road the heart of an urban village in Dunston.
This vision is made up seven objectives:
- Ensuring mixed tenure housing including some older persons accommodation
- Providing sustainable retail facilities
- Using sustainable construction methods
- Improving health facilities
- Creating high-quality open spaces
- Improving linkages
- Creating a sense of place and identity
To learn more about the neighbourhood, delivering this vision and the related planning brief, download the document below.
We asked residents for their views on this vision in November 2010, and over 90% of those who took part supported it.
The council's Cabinet approved the vision in December 2010 so we are now working to deliver it.