The economy faces a challenging future with low levels of growth and uncertain prospects predicted.
Economic growth is at the heart of government policy. Our council plan recognises the need to increase the confidence to invest to create the right conditions for growth.
The Gateshead Economic Growth Acceleration Plan 2014-18
The plan sets out a series of interventions that will maximise and accelerate growth and wellbeing. It will also help the council to manage demand for services. This will work by linking commercial, housing, regeneration and skills objectives.
The plan focuses on the following objectives:
- placing economic growth at the heart of the council
- making Gateshead’s Urban Core a premier business and visitor destination
- creating an environment that allows businesses to thrive and create jobs
- stimulating development through investment in next-generation infrastructure
- maximising the impact of housing on economic growth
- driving economic growth by redressing the imbalance in the labour market
If you have any comments on the plan please email email@example.com