Skip Navigation 1 - Home Page 3 - Site Map 4 - Search 5 - A to Z 6 - Help 7 - Complaints Procedure 8 - Information Rights 9 - Council Contacts 0 - Access key details

Council Tax: tell us about a change of address

Tell us now if you are moving within, into or out of Gateshead

Change of address


Council Tax is worked out on a daily basis. If you move you should tell us so that we can make adjustments to your bill.

This is especially important if you move to a new council area as you may be due a refund, depending on the method you used to pay the council tax and how much has already been paid. Refunds are paid directly into your bank account by BACS transfer.

Check your Council Tax band and what the full annual charge would be.  

Visit the Valuation Office Agency to check, understand changes or appeal the Council Tax banding of your property.

Contact us

Council Tax
Civic Centre
Regent Street
0191 433 3600

Monday to Thursday 8.45am - 5pm
Friday 8.45am - 4.30pm