Apply for Discretionary Housing Payment to help towards your rent.
Where we will not make awards
Discretionary Housing Payments cannot be made towards:
- Water, fuel or other service charges included in your rent
- Rent arrears
- Rent which could be reduced by moving to alternative accommodation – although payments could be made for a short period to give you time to sort something out
How payments are made:
If you are in receipt of Housing Benefit, any payment given towards the cost of your rent will be paid with your Housing Benefit either to you or direct to your Landlord. If you are receiving Universal Credit, it will be paid directly to you.
Other support available
We have a number of teams who provide advice, guidance and support across welfare benefit and housing concerns. They can offer:
- Advice on claiming Housing and Council Tax benefit
- Check you’re claiming full entitlements and help you claim for any new or increased benefits
- Help establish new repayment arrangements – including contacting creditors
- Give guidance on housing options to help you stay in your home