You must tell us about any changes that could affect the amount of benefit you get.
This will take around 10 minutes.
Make sure you have details of the change before you start the form.
You don’t need your benefit claim number, but it will help us deal with your enquiry more quickly if you do. It takes around 8 days to process a change in circumstances.
Benefits: report a change in circumstances
If your circumstances have changed since you applied, or while you've been receiving benefit, it may alter the amount of benefit you are entitled to.
For example, you must tell us if:
- your rent changes
- you move house
- anyone moves into or out of your household
- you stop or start work
- you or your partner’s income, capital or savings change
- the adult who lives with you has an income, capital or savings change
- a child leaves home or a new child is born
- there’s a change in your child attending school or college
- there’s a change of tenant in your property
If you don’t report changes it could mean that you’re not getting all the benefit you’re entitled to. This may lead to you losing benefit if you report the change late.
It could also mean that we have paid you too much and could be considered as fraud. If this happens you will have to pay back any overpayment, or you could be prosecuted.
If you have not heard from us within 31 days of telling us about your change, you should contact us.